1. How important are forklifts to warehouse efficiency?
Using articulated forklifts in a warehouse increases storage and reduces aisle depth while enhancing efficiency. In particular, electric forklifts are particularly popular in warehouses as they help reduce emissions and lower the company’s carbon footprint.
An electric forklift can be utilised across 2-shifts operation by having a spare battery that is easily interchangeable this will reduce downtime.
2. How wide are warehouse aisles for forklift use?
This varies on the brand of forklift and depth of load. But a standard counterbalance requires a 4m to 5m aisle, decreasing to a 3m to 3.5m aisle for a reach stalker. But an articulated forklift, for example an Aisle Master very narrow aisle forklift, reduces this to just 1.6m.
3. How wide should a drive pattern be for driving a forklift in a warehouse?
This will depend on the depth of the load but with an articulated forklift the intersecting aisle would be 2.7m.
4. What is the best way to control forklift damage in a warehouse?
Using safe, ergonomically-designed forklifts will help reduce product damage. In addition, safety barriers could be added to enhance safety even further.
5. Is a forklift manual?
Most warehouse forklifts are electric as they are operating indoors with a simple forward and reverse motion – therefore no gears are required.
6. How much does a forklift weigh?
This with depend on the brand of forklift and application the forklift would be working in, but typically if you need to lift 4t you would need a 5t forklift.
Creating Results from a Warehouse – Proven method unlocks up to 50% increase
- A Free Facility Planning Service: Provided by a renowned warehousing equipment specialist Combilift, a free review includes racking layout proposals and storage density calculations to create the best possible performance from any warehouse.
- The Aisle Master Very Narrow Aisles Articulated Forklift: An ability to work in aisles as narrow as 1.6m and 15m tall means a single multi-purpose truck and faster ‘truck to rack’ operations.
To find out more simply request ask about our free planning service or follow the links to find out more about the renowned Aisle Master articulated very narrow aisle forklift.