Combilift is the largest global manufacturer of multi-directional forklifts and an acknowledged leader in customized handling solutions supporting our number one market in North America. Our US market has doubled in size within the last three years and our growth strategy is to double again within the next three years, adding to our strong North American team.
Our employees think logically for themselves and have actual conversations with our customers. We have won numerous awards including the 2020 Generation Apprenticeship Employer of the Year, Ernest and Young Entrepreneur of the year, and Deloitte best-managed award just to name a few.
What is the purpose of this Role?
This role will have full responsibility for continuing the development of our technical support in the West Coast territory. The role holder will play a key part in the evolving North American Aftersales team and will be an important member of a team that is seeking to grow exponentially in the next 5 years.
The role holder will be expected to work with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external including manufacturing, after-sales dealer network, customers to generate success for themselves and the organization.
Responsibilities: What are you expected to do?
• Provide aftersales and technical support, to the ever-growing customer and dealer network in the West Coast CA territory.
• On-Site installation of equipment, diagnosis, and repair of equipment with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
• Actively communicate findings, issues, constraints, delays, & progress to internal customers and your supervisor.
• Ensure all customer issues are satisfactorily resolved and obtain customer feedback proactively.
• Demonstrate outstanding customer service through high-quality support and integrity at the customer’s premises.
• Work cross-functionally with other team members, customers, and dealers to provide world-class service.
• Build & maintain positive and healthy relationships with various customer and dealer teams, to ensure customer service effectiveness.
• Travel as necessary.
• Write reports on work carried out and submission of Paperwork.
• Ability to order parts to complete work required.
• Professional appearance and can-do attitude
The likelihood is that you hold or will have previously held a key field technician role in the material handling industry. You will be passionate about providing solutions for our customers and excited about the prospect of getting involved with a high growth organization.
You will be driven by a passion to achieve and to demonstrate the commercial value of our products to existing and potential customers. You will have been a key part of a successful technical team that is focused on commercial expansion through delivering best in class professional aftersales service.
Skills, Competence & Experience necessary:
• Mechanical/Engineering/Hydraulic/Electrical knowledge and experience is required.
• Knowledge of Combilift products is an advantage but not essential. Product training will be provided.
• Strong communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills are required
• Ability to work both, individually and as part of a team is essential.
• Must be a quick learner and have a willingness to learn new skills.
• Must be willing to work additional hours to complete the job.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• IT Skills are required.
• Ability to do light welding is an advantage, but not necessary.