Combilift is proud of its family heritage and strives to put people first with a strong commitment to staff training and development.
A progressive outlook, coupled with significant investment in the business and big plans for future growth, means we are always on the lookout for skilled and passionate people to join our team.
So, if you feel you have the skill and drive to join a dynamic team, get in touch.
If you are interested in a career in engineering and working with Combilift then the OEM in Engineering Traineeship should be your number one choice.
All the students who successfully completed the Traineeship at Monaghan Institute in 2016/2017 were offered jobs in Combilift. It is expected that with the development of its new purpose-built factory more employment opportunities will be available to graduates of the course in 2018 and 2019.
VACANCIES AT COMBILIFT
Combilift is the largest global manufacturer of multi-directional forklifts and an acknowledged leader in long load handling solutions. The driving force behind Combilift’s operations is a desire to deliver innovation in the material handling arena. Responsiveness to the ever-changing needs of the customer permeates every area of the business. Combilift employs more than 700 people worldwide and occupies a brand new, purpose-built facility spanning 500,000ft² in Monaghan, Ireland. To support our expanding team, we are seeking to hire a USA Technical Administrator in North America.
- Combilift USA, Greensboro, North Carolina.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the field service personnel who perform Aftersales support including on-site installation, and technical support.
- Develop workflow program methods, guidelines, and policies to facilitate efficient customer technical support.
- Ensure all customer issues are satisfactorily resolved utilizing engineering, manufacturing, and other teams as needed, through resource identification and planning.
- Address customer enquiries, resolve issues and obtain customer feedback proactively.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service through high quality support.
- Maintain positive and healthy relationship with various teams to ensure customer service effectiveness, and travel as necessary to resolve escalations.
- Assist with the scheduling and training of field service representatives to ensure objectives are met.
- Assist the interviewing and hiring of new professionals.
- Taking Breakdown calls and referring to USA Engineers or Departments.
- Uploading site visit information to Engineers diaries.
- Letting customers know site visit dates/times.
- Organise for parts to be sent to sites for site visits and ensuring they are there before the Engineer arrives onsite.
- Organising site re-attendance visits if required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record in the material handling Industry or relevant experience.
- Typically requires 3+ years of Technical experience.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Knowledge of Combilift products is an advantage but not essential as product training will be given and may require travelling to Ireland for extensive product training as part of induction process.
- Good communication skills is essential.
- Ability to work both, as an individual and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be a quick learner and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Must be willing to work additional hours to complete job.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent MS Office Skills is required.
- Mechanical Experience is an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in this role and you feel you meet the criteria, please complete our Online Application Page