Combilift is proud of its family heritage and strives to put people first with a strong commitment to staff training and development.
A progressive outlook, coupled with significant investment in the business and big plans for future growth, means we are always on the lookout for skilled and passionate people to join our team.
So, if you feel you have the skill and drive to join a dynamic team, get in touch.
If you are interested in a career in engineering and working with Combilift then the OEM in Engineering Traineeship should be your number one choice.
All the students who successfully completed the Traineeship at Monaghan Institute in 2016/2017 were offered jobs in Combilift. It is expected that with the development of its new purpose-built factory more employment opportunities will be available to graduates of the course in 2018 and 2019.
VACANCIES AT COMBILIFT
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our growing IT team and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks and resolve them.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing/testing backup and recovery, restoration and replication.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production and Test/Dev database environments.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders.
Key Essential Requirements:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in administering Microsoft SQL Server databases (SQL 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Must possess a strong understanding of typical database structures and tables commonly used in SQL-based ERP software and servers
- Proficiency creating and modifying SQL-based tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, functions, and query tuning on a high-transaction system.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL Server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly researching system upgrades for more efficient and effective technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL Server Clustering including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies.
- Experience with Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Experience with BI, reporting, and analytical tools (Power BI)
- Prior experience administering Infor Syteline ERP software is a bonus but other ERP experience would also be of benefit.
With excellent opportunities to grow and develop in Combilift, opportunities to work on various projects and be a part of a Global, award winning Company, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join our dynamic and thriving IT Team.
If you feel you have the skill and drive to join our team, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com