Combilift OEM Apprenticeship
Combilift is the largest global manufacturer of multi-directional forklifts and an acknowledged leader in long load handling solutions. Innovation, Flexibility and Service is the ethos on which Combilifts’ success is built and has seen us become the world’s fastest-growing forklift manufacturer, exporting to more than 85 countries with more than 70,000 trucks in use worldwide.
- Cultivate the skills necessary to assemble, install, test, carry out fault diagnostics and commission electrically controlled engine driven (diesel and gas) and battery powered systems
- Analyse many Electro Mechanical systems including, electrical wiring, hydraulics, pneumatic and robotics systems to identify and resolve specific faults encountered in OEM products
- Possess the expertise to provide support to customers around the use and maintenance of the products they manufacture
- Interpret technical data and use calibration and testing instruments for effective product assembly, fault diagnosis and rectification
- Responsible for the installation and calibration of sensors for transmitting and controlling devices
- Key member of cross functional teams such as research and development, assembly, manufacturing, testing, electrical, customer support, service & installation, product management and marketing/sales
- 3-year structured programme comprising of off-the-job training in Cavan Monaghan ETB & on-the-job training applying these learnings in Combilift
Year 1-16 weeks off the job training
Year 2-16 weeks off the job training
Year 3-14 weeks off the job training
- During the Apprentice’s on the job phase, throughout the 3 years, the Apprentice will work in different divisions within the production environment
- Performance feedback and personal development planning
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Guidance and support from experienced engineers and mentors in this field
- Fully approved employer for delivery of the OEM Apprenticeship programme
- Learn from experienced engineers and mentors in the field of OEM
- Earn while you learn-Apprentices will receive payment for both off and on the job phases
- Hands on experience with a leading manufacturing organisation
- Exciting career prospects/opportunity for progression
- Industry led Apprenticeship developed by a number of leading companies to meet industry needs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinker
- Problem Solver
- Leaving Certificate (pre-2017) with grade D3 or higher in five subjects which must include Mathematics. Post 2017 applicants must have achieved five O6 in the Leaving Certificate which must include Mathematics. Please note: If you do not meet the Maths criteria there is an Evening Maths course available to help applicants attain the required grade.
- A full award placed at Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (EQF 4) which includes proficiency in Mathematics.
- Have successfully completed an approved pre-apprenticeship training course in an engineering discipline and demonstrate a proficiency in Mathematics similar to O6 in Leaving Certificate.
- In the case where an applicant is 23 years or over (or employed in the OEM sector for 3 years) and does not meet the educational requirements specified above, they may apply through the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process.
If you feel you have the skills and drive to join the OEM Apprenticeship please apply or send your CV to [email protected]