Vendor Quality Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Vendor Quality Team and work in a fast-paced, high-tech manufacturing environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy Engineering Department. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the duties of the role will include, but are not limited to the following;
Responsibilities & Duties
- Investigate, log and resolve all component quality issues from your respective Quality Workbench on a weekly basis.
- Always adhere to the Vendor quality S.O.P. .
- Liaise with key stake holders, including Engineering, Purchasing, Procurement, and The Lean & Quality department in the resolution of issues.
- Liaise with Vendors in relation to quality issues and ensure all issues are closed off fully in line with the business’s expectations.
- Maintain the businesses Vendor Quality database.
- Aid with general logistics operations in relation to returning faulty components to vendors.
- Carry our improvement-based projects as instructed by the Supply Chain Manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Engineering with relevant experience is desirable.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Track record in working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team, to multi-task and do what it takes to meet high expectations and tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Presenting and understanding technical information.
- Ability to build up a good rapport with others.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings desirable
- Knowledge of Lean principles an advantage, not essential.
- The ability to recognize, anticipate and innovatively create solutions to issues and problems and have a broad technical expertise and knowledge of interrelated quality function disciplines.