Why not choose the OEM Engineering Traineeship which offers a combination of workplace learning with Combilift and classroom – based learning in Monaghan Institute.
What is the OEM Engineering Technology Traineeship?
The work placement in Combilift allows the Trainee to put the theory they have learnt into practice in a real working environment.
Benefits of the OEM Traineeship
Fully Funded Programme
There are no fees for this course and students may be eligible for a bursary from Combilift or a Training Allowance from CMETB
Uniforms / Health & Safety Clothing and a toolbox will be provided for training. 🧰🛠
Fully Funded Programme ✔
Level 5 Qualification
Any Trainee who successfully completes the 9 month course will receive a Level 5 Certificate (Level 5 NFQ) in Engineering Technology and a City & Guilds Level 2 in Hydraulics. 📄🎓
Level 5 Qualification 📃
Further Study Options
Successful graduates of this course may be offered full time employment with Combilift. There is also an opportunity for progression within your role in Combilift. 👷♂️👷♀️💻
Exciting Career Prospects / Opportunity for Progression 👷♂️
The modules delivered on this Traineeship are:
- Auto Electricity
- Engineering Workshop Processes
- CAD (2D)
- Engineering Theory
- Lean Manufacturing
- Control Systems
- Engineering Drawings
- Fluid Power Systems – Hydraulics
- Health & Safety
Other entitlements may include:
- Travel or Accommodation allowance
- Meal allowance or Access to the National Childcare Scheme
- For those not in receipt of a training allowance, Combilift will provide a bursary
Have achieved Leaving Certificate or equivalent such as QQI Level 4.
Achieved GCSEs at grade A*- C or grade 9-4, NVQ Level 2, BTEC or equivalent qualifications.
For mature students (23+) who do not hold required certification relevant work experience can be considered.
Hear from our previous Students
- Ideal if you’re unsure what you want to do after School.
- Favourite module was Hydraulics and Engineering.
- Enjoyed being able to put the theory into practical learning.
- Found the assignments challenging but rewarding.
- Offered a role in Combilift after the Traineeship in 2019 and has progressed his career in Combilift
- Interested in machinery and had experience in farming.
- Chose the Traineeship as it was close to home and inexpensive.
- Enjoyed the balance of theory and practical learning.
- Only a 9 month course so there is no commitment to a 3 to 4 year college degree.
- Offered a role in Combilift after the Traineeship in 2017 and has progressed his career in Combilift
- Level 5 Qualification
- Good experience using tools in Combilift
- Putting the theory you learn in Monaghan Institute into practice in Combilift.
- Found the employees in Combilift helpful
Employment & Further Training Opportunities
On successful completion of this course, students may apply for employment or for the OEM Apprenticeship.
Successful graduates of the Traineeship will be given the opportunity to interview for vacancies within Combilift. Past trainees now work in a variety of roles including:
- Electrical Technicians
- Assembly Technicians
- Testing and PDI Technicians
- Facilities & Maintenance Technicians
- Service Engineers
- Lean & Quality Engineers
- Control Systems Engineers
Register on Fetch Course ( An Application Form will be posted / emailed to you)
Complete the Application Form and return it to [email protected]
All applicants are required to take an aptitude test.
You have secured yourself an Interview with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard.
PPE and tool kits will be provided to all individuals.
This is a full time course, starting in September, with 12 weeks work based learning in Combilift and 26 weeks classroom based learning in Monaghan Institute.
Apply for the OEM Traineeship below
Scan to Apply
047 – 80500.